Imam Ali society is totally comprised of volunteers. Due to the diverse nature of Imam Ali society’s activities and projects, the organization has a complex structure. Meaning that in a defined structure, part of the organization is responsible for support and the other part, going by the name of operational teams, is undertaking the executive responsibilities. There are two approaches to projects and research. Some of these plans, such as the “Bookless Children” project, is being carried out continuously over the years. These types of plans have their own specific executive structure and the projects are being administered by managerial units.
The other plans, such as “Kooche Gardan-e-Ashegh”, are only active for a definite period of time. These programs do not have an independent structure. Using the other teams’ members, a temporary headquarter and executive team is formed that will carry the project through within the designated time.
In general, the association‘s management and executive structure is as follows:
- Planning and development: This unit is under supervision of the founder and the board of directors, and is comprised of public members of the association. This unit is responsible for further development of the association’s systems. Additionally, this unit undertakes the design of organizational processes, research and development, and long-term and short-term planning.
- The student council: Since the main body of the association is made up of students and professors, this council is formed to study and manage the student activities and executive plans of the association, and coordinate them in universities and in connection with the students.
- Public council: Among association’s philanthropists, the ones who are inclined to be more involved in decision making for attracting participation and association’s activities, have formed this unit.
- Human Resources: Considering the importance of the human and volunteer resources in the association, this unit is in charge of supplying manpower to other units.
- Public relations, media, and advertisement: This unit is responsible for relations outside of the organization. Additionally, by communicating with philanthropists and syndicates, creating income plans, and branding of the association, this unit attracts funding and sponsors for other units of the association.
- Technical unit: This unit is responsible for IT and designing communication systems.
- Education: The education unit is one of the biggest and most important units of the association in terms of human resources. This unit is responsible for educational affairs, including teaching deprived children, holding classes for families under the association’s coverage, and educating the members of the association.
- Plans and projects: Each plan and project in the association has its own team which has its own organizational structure. Supervisor of each group is under direct supervision of the planning and development unit and they hand their reports over to this unit to be reviewed.
- Divisions: Based on the association’s strategy, which is accurate expanding activities to different cities, establishing offices in other cities has become part of the association’s plans and the division unit is responsible for leading and coordinating of representatives, supervising their activities and any other issues related to them.
- Financial department: This unit is responsible for accounting, auditing, and producing financial reports for financial transparency in the association.
- Identification and relief: This unit is one of the most important and heavily-loaded units in the association. In this unit, all of the families under the association’s coverage are identified and the necessary services are delivered to those families locally. This unit holds training workshops for enthusiastic students with cooperation of the education unit.
- International affairs: This unit is in charge of communicating with UN and international NGOs, executing joint plans with international organizations, and establishing offices in other countries.